• 3 cups fresh cranberries
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans
• 1/2 cup honey, preferably cranberry honey
• 2 eggs
• 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Butter a 10-inch pie plate and fill with the cranberries and pecans. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of the honey.
3. Beat the eggs in a medium bowl until light lemony yellow. While still beating, add the remaining 1/4 cup honey, the flour, and the melted butter, and mix thoroughly. Spread the mixture on top of the cranberries.
4. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the crust is a nicely toasted light brown. Let cool slightly, and serve while still warm. Leftovers (if any!) will be great for breakfast.
More from The Fresh Honey Cookbook:
Excerpted from The Fresh Honey Cookbook, © by Laurey Masterton, photography by © Johnny Autry, used with permission from Storey Publishing. Buy this book from our store:The Fresh Honey Cookbook.