Beard balm is a leave-in conditioner that softens, moisturizes, and helps style your beard. The beeswax in beard balm offers a light to medium hold, but its main job is to seal in moisture. A well-made beard balm will also condition the skin, leaving it soft and moisturized. Beard balm is a thicker, more moisturizing product than beard oil.
This beard balm contains vetiver, a strong, smoky-scented essential oil that is beneficial for skin care. The balm is woodsy, with a hint of smoke and lime.
Beeswax Bear Balm Recipe
Yield: 1 (4-ounce) tin
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa butter
- 2 tablespoons avocado butter
- 2 tablespoons mango butter
- 2 tablespoons argan oil
- 10 drops sandalwood essential oil
- 30 drops lime essential oil
- 20 drops frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops of vetiver essential oil
- Make a double boiler using a glass measuring cup. Simmer the beeswax, the butters, and the argan oil in the cup over low heat until the beeswax and butters melt. Stir together to fully incorporate the beeswax with the butters and oil. Remove from heat.
- Stir the mixture as it cools to just warm to prevent it from becoming too hard. While it is still warm, add the essential oils. Mix well.
- Spoon the completed beard balm into a 4-ounce tin. Label and date the tin. Allow the beard balm to firm before using. The beard balm will last a year at room temperature.
- To apply, scrape a dime-size amount of the beard balm out of the tin with your fingernail. Rub the beard balm between your fingers to soften it. Rub your fingers through your beard to distribute the beard balm evenly. Use a comb to redistribute throughout and to style your beard.
The Beeswax Workshop by Chris Dalziel Lewis (Ulysses Press, 2016) transforms one of your hive’s most versatile products into non-toxic and useful household products.
Great! Beard balm is a leave-in conditioner that softens, moisturizes, and helps style your beard. The beeswax in beard balm offers a light to medium hold, but its main job is to seal in moisture. Thank you for the DIY tips!
I was able to gain or learn a lot about this topic. I found it very interesting, as well as it is very informative and beneficial. Thank you for sharing this article.
Everything was clear to me now after reading this article. I found it very useful to all the readers. It is worth to read.
Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel that I love to read more on this topic. Such a great and informative article.